View Single Post
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by JimStanmore
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
435 Posts
I always figured it was about container space/weight on the ships vs profit potential/handling costs. Little items that cost .50/each require a lot of handling to turn a profit (must sell/pack/ship a lot of them.) A bigger, more expensive item that takes up the same space as a bunch of the cheaper items only has to be handled once and probably has a higher profit margin.

Also, they may figure that people will tend to buy the smaller items at an LHS rather than wait for shipping. I order batches of little stuff, but sometimes I have a project come up and I am short. I run to the LHS or wait a day until I get there during other errands rather than place an order, pay shipping and wait four days to save a buck or two. I'm talking hinges, control arms, radio accessories, wires, hardware - all the stuff I wish was at the USA warehouse. Wish they had more of the inexpensive radio gear and covering material in the US, too. Probably that patent thing mentioned above...
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimStanmore; Oct 08, 2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Grammar, punctuation, spelling