Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
14,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedKitty View Post
Hi Bob! Hi Chen! Long time no speak guys!

Hopefully I'll be maidening soon Bob! Usually I get my birds all painted up and pretty before first flight, but I think I'll see if she actually does fly before I get the rather interesting scheme I have in mind on there!

Need to get more work done on the float. Primarily sealing the main float better. After watching it float around in mom's bathtub for a bit I noticed she was sitting in a decidedly more "stately" fashion and when I came to lift her from "the drink" I realized why! The plastic bottom (of COURSE!) was completely filled with water! haha!

Now that I have a good height for the tip floats I'll go ahead and glue those on and then I think I can pretty much chuck launch her into her primary habitat and see how things go

Oh, and if anyone wants a trip down nostalgia lane, I locate my first thread for this bird here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295412 Apparently the reason why I was trying to build my own float is that I wanted a working water rudder with servo concealed in the float! Wow... far cry from the KISS approach I tend to prefer now

I also wanted to post some pics of the truly truly excellent motor I mentioned in the first post. Made by the truly excellent Art Newland who in turn was introduced to me by my equally truly excellent friend Jeff Franchini, aka Sonic1. That motor has A LOT of airtime on it and still going strong!

Anyhoo, more pics and stuff to come

Cheers!

K.
Kitty!! I knew if I mentioned your name you'd pop up here again. So good to see you posting again. Don't be such a stranger! Re: the buck for the cowlings, Wes tried it with the heat gun.... and torched all the hair off his arm!
I think he modified the buck.... but he's been so tied up putting on fly ins for the MS Society... I doubt he's had time to try it again. He's put together 3 fly ins to raise money for MS and he's handed them a big check on every event.

Oh, one more thing. That center float is supposed to keep water out....not let it in!

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz