Find More Posts by kin
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Kin,

After reading this all about the gears and your clear warning about not using more sells than 6 well in my Apache I use 8 cells and I have melded 1 gear and blown one in the very beginning, the first one I still believe my fault by trowing to much pitch at the tail rotor, but upgrading the gears to the 700size are a good one because sometimes you need more trust by wind gusts or by pilot error and its nice to know you do not shredded your gears just by saving your bird.

So I really hope that the better gears will fit in the already existing (and build in) gear boxes.

Jan,
The 6s warning not from me , it is from Heliastxx . they post it in the products . But the 700 bigger gear is really take out all the risk . sure reliable . so i will upgrade fast , i will offer you the upgrade parts even you have installed , it is big work . and not big different change . especial the tail raise gear box , size will be same . Just another side piece gear box not in a same straight line , it will move aside a very little 1-1.5mm not effect so much ! it is easy for you .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member