Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by Gedexas
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotagen View Post
Ordered one of these to my eyes the 104 is the only "real wilga" the modern models don't have that cool crop duster look.

Couple questions:

1) 2S seems too weak for a model this size. Should I try flying this one stock or just immediately convert to 3S? I don't want super fast flying just scale-like and enough power to handle some wind.

2) Has anyone made a better cowl (the stock one doesn't look scale at all to my eyes, too long and narrow. If so how did you construct it ?

One of my favorite all-time planes, I may repaint to yellow and blue though, looking forward !
2S 1000mAh is plenty powerful for this plane, I fly with a tired 950mAh 2S battery and easily get 10 minutes. I found that it needs a good bit of nose weight, otherwise flying with flaps deployed or in any sort of wind is not fun at all.

About the cowl. It's not very scale, neither is anything else on this plane. It will also shatter on your first crash. I think I'll make one out of fiberglass.

Painting is also probably more of a necessity. The paint peels off by touching it with your hands. I don't know what kind of paint it is, but it seems like it's silicone and it sticks to my skin better than it sticks to the foam.

I wish I could find some spares, HobbyKing does not seem to have any. Also some props would be nice.
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas