Thread: Discussion Nitro Planes 1200mm Pop Wing
View Single Post
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by daronj
Joined Jun 2010
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyitall. View Post
Thanks for the + comments! Probably wouldnt start a thread as there are a zillion FPV planes threaded. Just can assure you this is a great platform and a simple cheap build. The KFm2 provides plenty of lift and stability. There is something like $7.50 in the airframe. I built a prototype to test the concept, which I still have. I modded it to a KFm3, which flys very well, but like the 2 better for FPV. I will post a few more pics of the details if you want just dont want to badly side track the thread.
Will be building the Popwing 1200 in the next few days, and will post comments on that. I have built 3 KFm4 wings that fly great based on rdjays design. Wanted to try a commercially produced wing to see how they flew. Also wanted a bigger wing so hence the 1200. Will probably expand rdjays design to around the 1200 size also. Really love the way they fly. Had a Zagi years ago when the battery choice was nicad. Flew great but not long. The PW1200 looks like it could fly quite a while on a 2200 and maybe thermal if built lightly.

Thanks, I'd like to see the pics and the dimensions. I took the fpv gear off of the PopWing and will take it out to try it without the extra weight. If it flies okay, I may just stick my light weight 5.8ghz FPV kit on it and without the OSD and extra stuff.
daronj is offline Find More Posts by daronj