Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
631 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i got to see the foam tac on Petes drango and polaris number 30 . that is some amazing stuff . the hinges where awesome . looks like i wont be using blenderm tape anymore
Yo Sandman, I don't use tape for hinges anymore, I use to use Quick Grip glue, but that was only good for EPP foam, never really had anything that was good on all types of foam. Ah but then I find Foam-Tac and I can use it on any kind of foam. I use Foam-Tac to build my planes and for all my hinges and it works great, I love the hinges because it goes on easy, dries fast and is way more flexible than tape. I could never get the blenderm tape on really smooth, it would always wrinkle, and it doesn't stick to EPP without spreading some glue first, so now I don't bother with tape at all, Foam-Tac is the way to go for me. Tomorrow I will post pictures of 2 more planes I designed and built, the first is a foam biplane I call a Tac-2, and the next is an indoor foamy I call the Tac-Yak. Both are EPP. The bipe flies awesome,and I will maiden the Tac-Yak on Wednesday and lat you know how it flies.
Regards
Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon...
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio