Thread: Discussion Nitro Planes 1200mm Pop Wing
View Single Post
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by daronj
Joined Jun 2010
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyitall. View Post
The max recommended weight is 560gms(20oz) you are considerably over at 895(32oz). Im pretty amazed it flew as well as it did being a lightweight sport wing. My heavier wings fly best with the CG further foward than the recomended range. Also did you program in some expo? I normally start with 40% on the elevators and 30% on ailerons, and add or subtract from there. Trim any weight you can, smaller battery maybe? That big cloverleaf antenna looks pretty draggy and off center at that. Dont give up yet!
I think you are right. At this weight, I don't think any additional CG adjustment would help. I had enough nose weight on it to cause a nose dive when the throttle was off. It required too much speed just to keep it in the air. I am going to strip the FPV gear off and try it at its intended weight to see how it performs. I think the airfoil, or lack thereof, prevents this from being a good FPV platform. I'm considering reshaping the airfoil by gluing some formers on the top of the wing and then skinning it with a thin sheet of foam. Or just gluing a KFM2 step on the top.
daronj is offline Find More Posts by daronj