Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
5,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Wow, it's like I summoned it.

Here's the perfect example of going directly from theory to conclusion.

Now, if only I could use my powers for good...
You still are not understanding. You're not even good at ridicule. I'd try understanding there.

Quote:
personally don't know all of the science behind it and I don't really care to too much. All I know is my ladybird absolutely destroys my mqx in windy conditions.
That's fine but you don't have the knowledge to start attributing reasons to that fact. Your conclusion doesn't follow. The Ladybird can go 5 mph with plenty of instant power to go faster than that if needed. The mqx is less able to quickly change power requirements and has less reserve power left at 5 mph. So the problem is one of components, not weight or "sail area."

According to Bruce over at RCModelReviews, he was shocked that the Ladybird was that stable because in his experience the little ones are much WORSE in turbulence than the larger quads. The Ladybird has something going on that allows it to respond quicker and more accurately to force impulses than lots of other quads. I don't have the technical knowhow to go further than that.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Last edited by Rockin Robbins; Oct 06, 2012 at 04:54 PM.