Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by jmoore
Jim
Winchendon,MA
Joined Aug 2007
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Was able to maiden my 57" 330 yesterday after work. A stunning warm windless evening in October in New England is rare but there was nothing rare about the maiden. It was just as easy and drama free as you would expect from this plane. Thanks for the reassurance that the AR peg was OK. Those tumbles yesterday showed that its perfectly fine.

With the Hacker A40-10S motor, Castle Ice 75Amp ESC, 15x7 APC prop, and 225MG's all around and a Nano 4 cell 4000mah had the plane fly light on this setup. As this was the first time I have flown a 3D plane over 48 inches I figured I would offer my observations.

Things appear much slower as the plane gets bigger. This translates to a relaxed feeling flying the bigger plane. I see the plane reacting sooner and don't feel like I'm mentally chasing behind the plane but instead I'm waiting for it. I really like how this plane performs a blender. The flat spin ending was amazingly tight. Hovering and HA flight was like I was on a simulator with the speed turned down. Even pattern stuff like simple 4 point rolls and KE flight was super simple. I've been looking at this plane for a few years and finally picked it up. Glad I did. I totally enjoy it.

With my observation that bigger is better, I now wonder about that 71" Slick electric. (It's a sickness) For now I will be enjoying the 57.
Just what I was hoping to hear from a maiden report. I am currently flying a Sebart Angels S 30E and was looking at this one as a step up to a bigger plane. I love the precision of the Sebart but am looking for something a bit larger that I can start moving into 3D with. I think this will fit the bill. I started flying 3D this past season with a Twisted Hobbies Edge 540 that caused the 3D bug to bite. I saw your blog had a picture of the Auburn Sportsplex so we may have flown together there this past winter. I'll be down again this indoor season as well so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Jim
jmoore is offline Find More Posts by jmoore