View Single Post
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by Wootson
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootson View Post
Today I received my 808 #16 v2 with lens D. There seems to be a slight problem with my lens, as there is some sort of small particle (not dust) on the inside of the lens, which shows up as a dark spot on video/photo. I know that the lens can be unscrewed from the case. But is there any way for me to open the front of the lens so I can clean the lens cap from the inside?

I can't blow inside the lens or something, so it must be opened.
I discovered that the lens was loosing tiny pieces of black plastic while adjusting the focus (screwing and unscrewing the lens), which were falling on top of the sensor itself. This was causing the dark spots in the images. Cleaning the lens did not help either, because when the lens was put back onto the housing of the camera, the pieces of plastic were falling on top of the sensor again.

Eventually I send back my lens D model and received a brand new lens B model together with a replacement battery. Now that's what I call service. Thumbs up for eBay seller eletoponline365!

The lens B model I received is working just fine. I did have a problem with a micro-SD card, but that was only because the card itself was faulty. Afterwards I placed an 8GB micro-SDHC class 4 card from Kingston and it's working like it should. Brilliant little camera for very little money!
Wootson is offline Find More Posts by Wootson