View Single Post
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by pigly
PaulG
Newcastle, NSW Australia
Joined Dec 2004
347 Posts
wobbly tail

no, it's not a euphemism - it really does wobble. It looks like the support for the tail is an an aluminium tube, which has some epoxy or something else spread in side it and it is then ground out until the carbon connecting tube fits, The hole in mine is not round, so it has some friction in it and the joiner does not fall out but the up and down play is quite bad. My friend Brian's plane was quite the opposite. and he had to grind the tube down a bit until it fitted
Does anyone know the best way to fix this?
I flew the Aspire for the first time today and got really good launches in the strong wind.The handling was up to expectations but even at 2330g it felt light and I would have added some ballast but I undershot and landed in the bushes, fortunately with no damage. I therefore decided to call it quits as the wind was picking up even more. Its current cg is 122 mm. I left the hook where it was, just aft of the centre point and the rotation and climb and ping were all great. I did not tap enough on the last launch and with a small core on the winch I broke the line (1.3 mono) at the top of the launch. With the bigger core on I would have probably stalled the winch and maybe saved the line.
pigly is offline Find More Posts by pigly