Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
631 Posts
Beacon Adhesives

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
what is this compound you speak of.you have caught my attention .since i have a flyjet x-83 i painted up ,i ike the way it came out but if i can get rid of the foam look this may be the ticket

[IMG][/IMG]
Hey Sandman, Ok, here is the scoop, the new compound is a two part mix, right now it mixes up well and spreads with a squeegee or old gift card. then you let it dry and you are done. It dries as smooth as you apply it, what I do is after I spread it out I cover it with some plastic wrap smooth it out some more and then leave the plastic on till it dries. Once dry peel the plastic off and you have a glass like surface that you can paint. I coated a 30 size float with it and the foam weighed .8 of an once before and 1.1 oz's after, so it is really light,but boy is it strong. Best of all it gets rid of that ugly lumpy foam surface. Right now we at Beacon are working on changing it just a little for the RC market, so I will let everyone know when it becomes available. Check back here tomorrow and you will see my finished Mako bottom. BTW beautiful paint job on your jet

Regards
Eric G.
Beacon Adhesives
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio