View Single Post
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:26 PM
Find More Posts by shutterspeed
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Just drove out to BH to pick up my ARF SSS. Drive there was worse than I thought.. 1.5hrs to go less than 30 miles. Once again.. thanks LA!

The pick-up was.. pleasant. Air conditioned lobby, cute girl to open up the box and show me the plane , and a freebie mini-fridge packed with drinks. Oh, and.. there may.. or may not have been an extra battery already mounted in the plane. There probably wasn't. Nope.. definitely not.

Anyway.. I know i'm repeating what counteless others have already said, but.. DAMN. IT'S GINORMOUS. The wheel on this thing would fit on yo mommas Geo Metro in a heartbeat.

Speaking of which.. everything looks to be in good working order.. except the wheel. It's attached to two plastic plates, and one of them came loose. Nothing a little glue won't fix in a hurry tho.

I was planning to maiden her in Santa Barbara at the beach this weekend, but.. screw that. I'm not waiting. If any of you are keen to check her out(or wear the second pair of goggles).. i'll be at the Balboa park/Valley Flyers RC field on Saturday(Oct 6th) around 11am.

Careful tho.. they're holding a stuka control line competition this weekend, so someone is bound to die.

I'll be the guy standing behind something, that's behind something else, that's beh....

...with a shield.
shutterspeed is offline Find More Posts by shutterspeed