Thread: Discussion E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread.
View Single Post
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyToo View Post
My research shows me that I'm not having a problem with the frame. So exactly why should I spend a lot of money to replace it?

I did spend money to replace the parts I was having trouble with (the head) and now I'm happy, even though I'm 20g over stock weight.

If you think that the hop-up parts make you fly better then rock on and have fun.
I do NOT think they make me fly better, what I do think however (and what really annoys me at times) is that so many people keep on just generalizing (and repeating without putting stuff to the test themselves) that hopups are bling and only add weight.
(read through the pages here and everybody and their brother will say that. But fact is, that is is by far no longer THAT simple anymore. And once you break a couple of frames/canopy mounts (and again, this is a different heli, so it is not really that applicable to you personally, but it is sure applicable to demonstrate that generalizing about hop ups is suboptimal and inappropriate) then you will maybe also say in the long run this is not really spending money on something "worthless"
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member