Thread: Discussion E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread.
View Single Post
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:13 AM
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyToo View Post
I bought an Xtreme Productions metal head for my 120 off eBay because I was tired of the link retainers bending then breaking off. I also got one of their flybars cause I hate how easily the stock bar gets pushed out of shape. So I'm flying and happy and notice the little spinner has come off because I didn't put loctite on the screw. I emailed Xtreme Productions and they said they'd send out a replacement spinner and screw free of charge. NICE!

So the package arrives real airmail from HK. They didn't send a spinner and screw. They sent a whole head kit. They also sent a set of their 120 landing gear and a sticker sheet.

I like their stuff. It's inexpensive, does the job and the service is great.
Savor this, because you are one lucky guy!!! I spent hundreds of dollars (literally) on Xtreme stuff every year for several years now and they dont even send me a 5% discount code on my next order for christmas

And as far as inexpensive ... this really lies in the eye of the beholder: for example, the frame for the mCPX is considerably cheaper than those from RKH or microheli. HOWEVER, if you want to have them all on a truly comparable level, you have to "upgrade" the XTREME upgrade frame significantly ... and in the end, it will have cost you substantially more than the microheli frame, which is the most expensive one of the 3 on the first look ...
And this is actually true for quite a few of their parts ... sooo - next time you buy something really inexpensive from XTREME (which I usually like, dont get me wrong) ... and you are NOT lucky enough to get another part for free with it ... add this up twice to see how really inexpensive it will be at the end of the day ...

just sayin" ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member