Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:50 AM
Find More Posts by turboparker
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2009
14,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave View Post
Sorry to be critical but I watched the first six minutes and gave up, After takeoff I could see nothing but grey sky.
Dave,

Of course, nobody expects great close-ups when one is shooting a sailplane with a fixed-lens hatcam. In fact, I am rather surprised that you even brought it up. I suggest checking your display, as the plane is visible during much of the flight when viewed on my 27" monitor in 720p. Incidentally - the fast-forward button on YouTube worked just fine the last time I checked.

Jovanx, Zor, and Eastcoast78,

Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with the plane. I got the advanced wing configuration set up last evening, but I have yet to try anything but crow. Looking forward to experimenting with camber & reflex. I just need to center the servo arms on the flaps. BTW - are the flap servos glued-in?

Regarding flap servo noise - I didn't notice it on the ground, either. Not sure if it would make any difference, but I am flying with a 10C tx.

Haven't had a chance to catch any serious lift with the plane, but I stumbled upon a bit of lift during a couple flights - enough to gain altitude, anyway. I also managed to catch a bit of ridge-lift off the treeline during a few of the windier flights. But even in dead air, glide-time seems to be pretty good for a BNF foamie.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker