Thread: Discussion E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread.
View Single Post
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:29 AM
Find More Posts by SR120 fan
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Dude, let me get this straight as I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this.

Are you telling us the ball is long gone. GONE! Right? That means you glued the link (that plastic piece with a hole at each end) right to the swashplate?

Am I reading you correct?

Mike
Yes. That's what I did. Guilty as charged. I'm assuming by the replies that this achievement/blasphemy isn't committed too often or with preferential results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
SR 120 FAN!!

Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
No Mike you silly bird, he glued the balls back on the swash plate!

SR120 Fan, don't pay any attention to these guys. I will slap them for you!

But anyway, just a thought for you... a simulator such as Phoenix or RealFlight can save a bunch of money on real aircraft parts and repairs.

It doesn't cost any repairs parts to crash time and time again with a sim.
My first 120 wound up in the boneyard real fast. If I would have had my Phoenix Sim first, I am positive my first 120 would still be around.

If/when you decide to upgrade to a computerized radio, such as the DX6i, you can also play with the settings in the radio to tame your real bird down, and in the simulator also.

I have Phoenix and the physics are very realistic. I am currently using it to prepare myself for the maiden flight of my Parkzone Spitfire Mark9.

Just a thought for you, I know it is expensive but if a person plans to stay in this hobby, the sim and a good radio are worth gold.

Cheers!

Kyle
Unfortunately. The balls in question were not reglued and Chap got his head around it successfully. I quite want to show you the pics now. When I get home from Uni I will use the wife's phone and upload you the glory that is my glueing.

It must be said that I tried glueing the balls on but they were just not up to the job. I wasnt expecting great results. Just wanted her back in the air as it had been such a quick demise and parts take a little while to get here or i'm just impatient.

Regrading the simulator. I was already thinking about one and think you are right that it should go onto my more immediate list of things to obtain. I will get this one going again the more traditional route i.e no super glue and might just get a cheap one off ebay to get my fix around the house as I will probably get an mSR off someone for my birthday at the end of the month to play with.

Let the ridiculing begin

Had I started flying my SR120 in a park it would have lasted a lot longer but alas lack of common sense got the better of me and it was walls and trees galore
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Last edited by SR120 fan; Oct 05, 2012 at 11:46 AM.