Thread: Discussion Another Geat Company-Minwax
View Single Post
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:23 AM
Find More Posts by Brooks
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,558 Posts
I've had good experiences shopping at the Bozeman Walmart. For 10 years or so, I've met with good customer service, both on the floor, and at the return desk. In all that time, only one floor person was not cheerful, and helpful; the rest were always happy to drop whatever they were doing to help me. I am impressed with the management, since cheerful employees are not something I take for granted anywhere.

When I return something, I always make sure Everything is back in the box, which might help. I forgot once, but told the counter person, and they said no problem, so honesty pays.

btw, check the prices at non-Walmart local retailers, some of them will meet Walmart's prices. Competition is a good thing.

I wish there were more US products on the shelves, but that era has passed. For an explanation, you might read this article. It explains why Apple has transferred production to China: it's not All due to low wages. The Chinese have developed production & supply systems that outshine US systems, which surprised me. Systems are something we could learn, and increase our competitiveness. Also read the comments (700+), if you have time/interest in the subject. I learned a lot from them, including the fact that the US suicide rate is 8x as high as the well publicized suicide rate at Foxconn (Apple's Chinese iPhone manufacturer):

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/bu...dle-class.html
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Last edited by Brooks; Oct 05, 2012 at 12:35 AM.