Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by jlcamp7
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
I don't get it. Why not use the mQX board?

Isn't it a better choice? AFAIK even at a lower price. Of courses the centerplate sold for cent is needed as well.
This board is the same size as the ladybird board and has the direct plug ins for the motor, so it's a much more plug and play system, plus the lipo connection is the walkera connection so it allows you to keep using the 240mah lipo's and such. I think it's really all about weight and size. I never tried lighter lipo's but for me my hybrid with the rakon kit which took away some weight and the 500 size lipo's made for the mqx made it fly perfectly fine, but when moving into aerobatics it wasn't near the beauty of the ladybird. It did it all fine but the tight flips and rolls of the ladybird is such perfection to me, that I feel the hybrid didn't compare in that area. So the hope is the weight reduction in board along with being able to use the smaller lipo's will keep the aerobatic performance the same without really doing anything other than plug and play. No cutting and splicing of wires every time a boom/motor needs replaced.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
RCG Plus Member