Thread: Idea Want To Trade forum
View Single Post
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by coolgg
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined Oct 2010
217 Posts
Nope, I still think its not a good idea to have a trade forum because I've never ever seen a post saying "I will not take the right cash for my item, I will ONLY accept trades".

But I do see the point here, and that is yes people should state in their ads whether they want to accept trades or not. Maybe we should make that as part of posting guidelines/suggestions. In fact everyone should also mention in the title of the post whether they will ship or only take local pickups because adding a 'will ship' or 'LPU' in the title makes you easily skip ads for items people wont ship and which arent near you.

And I know that the problem with adding a guideline which says 'mention whether open to trades or not' is that most people dont read guidelines and so wont really follow them. But having a separate forum for trades is not a good idea, any more than having a separate forum for local pickups and shipping is...

Guys, think about it its just going to make your life hard. Lets say you want to buy an electric parkflyer. You could have some cash, or you might be willing to get sell an old airplane to get the cash for it, or you might be open to trading in your old airplane for the one you're looking for. Most people wont mind doing any of these.

So what happens is that now you will have to look in 2 forums. Thats the 'FS/W electric planes' forum and the new trade forum. Thats double work. Plus, remember that we're asking for only one trade forum, which means the ads you browse will be cluttered with helis, radios, boats, cars, sailplanes, turbines, gassers, ipods, and god knows what else...And even if you do happen to find somebody on the forum willing to accept a trade-in for the plane you want, will most likely tell you that he is fine with cash too...

So a strong no-no for a separate Want to Trade forum.
coolgg is offline Find More Posts by coolgg