View Single Post
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by HuskySpade
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Just met HuskySpade and he brought over his new version V911. The new version battery uses the E-Flight Ultra Micro plug (verified with a charging adapter I bought from Hobbyking). Hummm... larger then the MSRX plug which uses the pico plug. Is there a 150-160mah batt that uses the larger micro plug?

HuskySpade, You might want to rethink what I told you - this might not be as easy as I though. The MCPX uses this connector but the battery is much larger then what you have. You can get a msr battery that would work but I believe it uses a pico size connector. Nice meeting you by the way!
MakDaddy, it was nice meeting you too! Thanks so much for the Tx. That made my day! I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning the heli, waiting for a refund, then ordering another heli and waiting for it to be shipped. I wanna fly this thing, and you made it possible.

After doing some more research on batteries, I couldn't find anything else that would fit the new V911 except the new V911 batteries. I also couldn't find the new style battery anywhere else except for TMart. I checked Amazon, eBay, and a couple other hobby sites and couldn't find the new style on any of them.

So this morning, I decided to order four of the new style batteries from TMart, considering they were the only place I could find them. Unfortunately, supply is limited, and they're only at the overseas warehouse. So not only do I have to wait 6-9 days for them to leave the warehouse, I have to wait 2-3 weeks after that for them to be shipped to my doorstep from China. I decided to pay for the tracking number, so I could at least follow their progress.

Hopefully, in due time, the availability for the new V911 power system (batteries, skids, etc.) will make their way to US warehouses and distributors. To make it easier for guys like me to get replacements if need be.

I was hoping to buy a BNF V911 to have a second one, but now I'm concerned that it won't have the new power system. So it looks like if I want another one, I'd be better off buying the full kit again, from the same distributor to assure that I receive another helicopter with the new power system.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade