Find More Posts by Jake8131
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Hey guys,

Picked up an MQX on the weekend. Great little flier.

Wondering if there are any "must do" mods that I should be doing before I break anything?

So far I've noticed that the motors will pop out of the retaining clip after a hard crash. Not sure if I want to fix that as it could prevent breakage. However one of them popped out so far it ripped out a motor wire and I had to do some tricky soldering to fix it.

Also, I managed to mess up one of the white plastic gears in a crash and it doesn't mesh smoothly with the spur gear on the motor. It still flies, but it takes a second to spool up that one prop so I'm going to get a replacement. Not sure there is any real way to avoid that from occurring other than not crashing.

Finally, does anyone have a cheap source for the little JST to micro adapter wire that comes with this? I have a 4 port charger that came with my MSR that I would like to use to charge 4 of the MQX batteries at the same time but I need 3 more adapters. Can't seem to find them on HobbyKing but I'm sure they are out there somewhere.

Going to order some of these props and these batteries today.
Check the Horizon Hobby Site:

Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131