View Single Post
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by kingconsulting
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
926 Posts
Having a bad day?

I don't want to see a bunch of foam things being built. I stay away from most of that stuff because I don't care for foam. If it was all lumped into one place I and others would never be able to find what we are interested in. I can go in the the Balsa and Lite Ply Scratch and Kit Build Forum and find what interests me without wading through a bunch of stuff that I have no use for.

FYI I'm not bashing you foam guys I have some myself.

Not sure what the hostility is? Why not try it out? It's not going to kill any baby seals it's just a forum.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Hi Robert,

I already answered your "why" question in my previous post. I guess you need more detail, so I will allow you to infer it from the following nominations.

I hereby nominate YOU to sort through THIS forum and identify all the non-building-related threads to the new forum.

I also nominate YOU to keep track of both forums, and report when items appear in the wrong forum.

Finally, I nominate YOU to teach people how to properly organize their thoughts so that TECHNIQUES appear in one forum, since they could not possibly be confused with MATERIALS.

Honestly, I think having the foam guys in separate forums is exactly the reason that people think "building is dying." If the foam guys were part of this forum, this thread would have been closed ages ago for its very obvious invalid concept.

By separating into various forums (and thereby separating the builders) the following occur:

1) The myth that "building is dying" is promulagated,
2) The cross-pollination that should be occurring between users of different materials is hindered,
3) Builders begin to assume they're each a Tigger ("I'm the only one") and they can more-easily be discouraged.

Now, you tell me what part about separating into Yet Another Forum is SMART?

Andy
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting