Find More Posts by MattyB
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by george@dream-flight View Post
Hey guys,
We just wanted to drop a note and let you know that the remaining Weasel kits seen in the pic below are the last in stock.

This will be the last batch of Weasels until a redesign begins.
(after our current new project is a bit farther along)
Our goals for the updated version will be to retain the existing moments and aerodynamic qualities...but introduce molded elevons (like our Alula) and potentially have provisions for lighter gear affording an even lower wing loading.
We have been flying our Weasels quite a bit, and are pumped up for this revamp!

George
Interesting. I've seen a lot of Weasel Evos at our hill, and have yet to meet an owner who'd like a lighter one! I guess everyone's conditions are different though, horses for courses etc.

Personally it's the Alula Evo I feel needs a bit of a diet; I've thermalled my v1 away from the flat many times, but the weight gain on the Evo version (I think it was 60-70% more, and my v1 had 3 servos) meant I could never repeat the trick with the Evo, so I sold it to someone who now uses it solely on the slope. I don't mean this as a criticism of Dreamflight - I understand why the change was made to ensure the economics allowed production to continue - but the Alula Evo just didn't work for the type of flying I liked to do with my v1.
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB