Thread: Question Mini-IMAC????
View Single Post
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by kenh3497
Live long and fly high
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,918 Posts
A shamless bump and additional info and opinions....

It appears the IMAC group is not interested in Mini-IMAC. I can understand their commitment to the upcoming WC, and if my reading between the lines is correct, no interest for the foreseeable future.

From what I could find it looks like the mini's were limited to .40 size planes. IMO this is pretty small but absolutely doable in the basic class.

As has been suggested up to 30cc or 50cc would be an upper limit. I think the sweet spot for the mini's would be in the 90 2c to 120 4c range?????

If Mini-IMAC were to have a chance it would need to be a stand alone event. Not held in conjunction with an IMAC event. That would be perfect as in this central part of the country, Iowa, Minnesota, West of the Mississippi for quite a ways, there is no IMAC to speak of.

Is there anybody out there that would be willing to commit to something next flying season? Not necessarily hosting a contest but at least flying in one? What would be your upper limit of miles to travel to a contest? One day or two day contest? Two days is a large commitment for a clubs and contestants alike. What is the upper size limit YOU think should be allowed?

Opinions welcome!!

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497