View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2004, 01:05 PM
Ed Waldrep is offline
Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Registered User
Ed Waldrep's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,942 Posts
There's another brand it's sold under that is the same thing...Oracover Plus I think, look for that. I think my last roll of Ultracoat Plus had Oracover printed on the roll. It's also called Orastick, I just searched on the net and that seems to be the proper name and is supposedly the same stuff as Ultracoat Plus. I don't think it's available in the states anymore though, almost every reference I found to it with yahoo was in German, so getting some might be tough. I'd be interested to know if anyone has found a US source for the stuff, I don know that Hangar 9 now imports Ultracoat (used to be brought in by Goldberg).

If you really want a chrome finish then you might try Testors Aluminum Plate buffing metalizer spray paint, at least on the wing. Don't try it on the foam, it well eat the foam. You just spray it on and rub with a cloth when dry and it looks almost like bare aluminum. You could glass the fuselage and then use it but it's tough to get a smooth finish and still be light.

If your wing isn't too beat up you could just paint it after filing in any surface imperfections. You could always do a camo job, there's lots of color schemes for the T-33 out there.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Reply With Quote