Thread: Discussion Thinkin about a 450
View Single Post
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:06 AM
Find More Posts by Znybar
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
I've started with a blade 4503d and would definitely recommend it. The problem with nano and micro helis is they react completely differently to larger ones, and I would have in my opinion picked up bad habits had I started with something like the ncpx or the msrx (both of which I now own, and they're great little birds for micro).

Make sure you start with training gear and don't take them off until you feel confident with the basics, i.e. hovering at all angles and basic forward flight.

I agree that the 500 is probably the way to go if you can afford it, but then money does become an issue. For me, the 450 size was a just compromise, large enough to be stable yet small enough so that crashes wouldn't break the bank.

Also, if you're new to helis, get a sim. They're expensive (for the good ones) but you easily make up the cost from not crashing. Also lets you progress faster, because you learn acrobatics and reflexes on the sim, then just have to get the balls to make them work on the real thing.
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar