View Single Post
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by acesimmer
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,426 Posts
Today I had my 35 in the hanger for service prior to the Big Vegas event next week. I was surprised at a few items needing immediate attention. The right elevator horn was loose then found similar on all the control surfaces. This may be due to temperature change since the last time I flew it. Temps then where 98-105 deg F Now 80-90 deg F. So the foam may have been expanded more at higher temps. CA'd the horns for backup. Checked out the hinges and found the right rudder had two broken ones. The left also? So replaced with Dubro pin hinges. Found cracks at the foam supporting the nose gear. Had to CA then reinforce with 6 oz Glass cloth and epoxy inside the bat compartment and wheel well. Found the left TV servo to be faulty and the L+R TV center servo also. Replaced with Hitec. The right TV nozzle is becoming loose inside the gimbal? no apparent damage?

Boy! this thing is more of a hanger queen than the full size I flew. I hope it will last the Aces event without falling apart. Anyhow, still one of the best flying birds around. I do suggest that regular inspections are required for this model every couple of flights.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer