Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by laser110
Just Limin'
United States, NJ, East Brunswick
Joined Nov 2008
1,464 Posts
Discussion
Another Geat Company-Minwax

I have been using the Minwax Helmsman Spar varnish to finish on 1949 Dumas Chris Craft Racing Runabout. Applying light coats over the hull and decals to seal everything in. I am using the satin and I normally turn the can upside down after I am done to clear the nozzle. I must have forgotten to do this and the whole thing gummed up.

Using my exprience in coatings, I figured no worries, pull the nozzle off, soak it in some solvent and reattach, should be good as new. Nope didn't work. I have the same issue with a can of Gloss I was also using, same thing- didn't work.

Annoyed that I have about a half of can of each that I can't use, I figured let me call Minwax direct and ask them to send me 2 new nozzles, as we would do, when someone would call us with a similar situation.

I called Minwax and really nice lady answered the phone, I told her the problem and asked if they can send me 2 replacement nozzles. To my surprise, she said no. No? That's right, we don't have the nozzles to send, but I'll be happy to send you replacement product for free. For Free! Awesome!

Kudo's to Minwax for waaaay exceding my expectations. I'll have to wait about 5-7 days to get it, but better than buying 2 new cans at Home Depot for about $9.50 each.

Scott
laser110 is offline Find More Posts by laser110