View Single Post
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by Barry2020
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Bengtsson View Post
I did cut my Al tube in halfes (actually three) after a crach. I have marked the middle of the tube so I can see to put it in the middle. I put tape on the ends and in centre to keep it in position with some friction. More tape on the first wing!
I did buy these carbon fibre tube suggested. Diameter too large! Maybe 0.1mm! Maybe the squared tube in wing are smaller on earlier versions of the plane?
11.5mm would have fit.
BG,

I doubt the manufacturer made any changes there. Maybe the crash put a slight kink in your square tubes.

For only 0.1mm interference, you might try expanding the square tube with your aluminum pipe or a similar size piece of tubing, by making it slightly out of round on the end, adding some lubricant, and running it inside the square tube, while carefully rotating the pipe. The square pipe is very thin and easy to bend, so it shouldn't be hard to enlarge.

I measured my aluminum pipe to be 11.5mm, while the carbon tube I bought measures 12.0mm. The square wing tube opening measure about 11.8-12.0mm I.D. near the corners. Hope that helps.

Barry

Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Last edited by Barry2020; Oct 03, 2012 at 11:32 AM.