View Single Post
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by viper1990
Scratch-builder
Singapore
Joined Oct 2007
154 Posts
Saturday morning

I haven't got time yet to maiden this aircraft. I took a couple of photos before heading off for my flying event.

Time was running out, initially I wanted to maiden it at some nearby flying site but I have decided to test fly at the venue itself. I've Attracted quite a few people which gather round my aircraft before I brought it to the skies!

I did a pushback using the thrust reversals and taxi to the runway. Once lined up, I gradually increase the throttle from 3/4 to full over a few seconds as it rolled down the centreline of the runway, or lane number 4 of the running track! It took a couple of seconds to accelerate before it rotates and off it goes! As predicted by the CG calculator, the plane was nose heavy, but controllable, I was quite excited with it's performance, I flown the plane round the stadium a couple of times before bringing the plane to land on the grassy patch. Moments before I touched down, I hit the retract switch to keep the landing gears else it'll be ripped off from the underbelly.

Now that my plane was airworthy, I readjust the CG and now waits patiently for the event to start!

Unfortunately I do not have pictures of it's maiden flight.
viper1990 is offline Find More Posts by viper1990
Last edited by viper1990; Oct 04, 2012 at 06:09 AM.