Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:13 AM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
4,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Also, did anyone come up with a mod for a quick battery change? Or at least a bigger/longer lasting replacement battery?

I know it may be buried in this thread somewhere but I couldn't read through it all.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
There's a button called "Search this thread" - and if you enter "replacement battery" you'll get really fast where you want to go
But I don't want to sound rude without helping:
You can use any 800-900mAH 2S LiPo that measures around 56mm x 30mm x 16mm and weighs 45-50 grams without changing much - set aside a little levelling of the swash. The heavier you take the batts and the more Ah's they offer, the more you are stressing the motors (they heat up very quick and burn out sooner).
And be careful - if you've done the mops-bypass theres nothing that can save you of burning a stalled motor. All eight 9116 under my custody fly with the mops shorted and a 800mAh 30C batt inside without any problems for 2 months now. (not counting occasional wear and tear or crash replacements)
Many use a 900 mAh batt with no probs, too.
You should consider buying a decent charger for the LiPos too, the stock charger isn't really made for it - but would do for a short time without damaging the LiPos too much.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany