Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by jesolins
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
15,134 Posts
Foam canopies for Mini and Micro quads 101

J,
Photos as requested As I said very protective and they are free and take about 5 minutes to make. All the canopies pictured are lighter than the originals by about half. The grey foam is the lightest of them all by a tiny bit. The foam I used is about 1/2in thick. I used plastic covered wire ties that are simply poked through the foam corners about 1/8in from the edge.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Jim,

Thanks for the info. Yeah I am fixing to get off and head to the store to get some AA batteries. Funny you should mention the props. I did that within like the first few minutes of having it out of the package. lol Both my mqx and previously owned mqx/ladybird hybrid all have orange set up on the front, so I knew it would be too confusing. In order to pull them off I just used a flathead screwdriver to pop it off. I had to do the same thing with the hybrid, because I installed two props swapped. I never had a problem with them coming off once I put them back on, so hopefully I won't have any issues. If I do, I'll drop a dab on them as suggested.

I'd love to see a pic of your foam canopy.

At mystman,

Sorry my friend.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 12, 2013 at 05:53 AM.