Thread: Question Mini-IMAC????
View Single Post
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by kenh3497
Live long and fly high
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,931 Posts
I asked a bit about Mini-Imac from the pres of the IMAC group. Here is what I received back. It answers a few questions about what it was about.

Ken

Hi there Ken.... Thank you for your input.

In the long past, we HAD an "mini-Mac" event which was combined with the actual contest itself. When registering at a contest, the pilot would indicate on his form if he/she was entering the "Mini-Mac" series. The pilot would still compete in the class that he/she was registered during the contest.....at the end of the contest, the scorekeeper would have a separate print-out for the "mini-Mac" class.

So....in effect, IMAC has already gone down that road. It seems that the Mini-Mac option died a natural death because no one participated any longer. Yes.... the pilots used the same sequences that were officially published and were scored in the same manner as they were flying at the same time during the contest before the same judges. The only difference, was that at the end, the scorekeeper printed out a different set of results.

I do not know where to direct you regarding finding information on Mini-Mac, since it has not been utilized for quite some time and I do not have any present information on it. Maybe you could contact a previous Secretary of the Club (Roy Barrow rbarrow@membank.com ) who may be able to shed some light on it for you.

At this time, because of previous experience at an attempt to have this class, I do not see us gearing to do it for now. We do have the 2014 IMAC World Championship event in front of us and our energies will be channeled in that direction.
Best regards,
Wayne (Matthews)
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497