View Single Post
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by hobie14
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I have several flyers asking about Peregrine kits. At this time we are not cutting the kits but having a good flying bird plane is on my bucket list.

Here is an idea I haven't tried and are untested.

I actually think a peregrine shaped flat foam plane like the FFF Eagle that has plans that are on the Peregrine thread may work if kept light. You could use any silhouette of any bird regardless of the shape of the wing and not have the stall problems that we have with the more complex airfoils and strange angles we have to cut.

Lee
Lee, are you talking about somethink like Nick's Bluebird style of aircraft ? ......

I could easily see some effort in making the model more bird like, would be relatively easy, and lots of shapes (bird types) could probably be created without too much effort .... even 'as is' it looks great in the air with the profile looking very Hawk'ish .....

Nick's design is based on a Kfm2 wing and I have to say my 20 or so flights on the version I've recently built has really impressed me ..... I must get a video for it ....

Here's a link to Nick's design .... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4638
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14