View Single Post
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:04 AM
Find More Posts by prmiller10
prm10
Houston, Texas
Joined Aug 2010
37 Posts
480 Motor Rattling? HELP!

I was installing the Park 480 1020Kv motor on to my TC. As I was screwing on the motor the right front side of the motor box started to peel or crack off from the rest of the box. I was not sure what to do but being the somewhat of a newbie I started CAing the out of the motor box and that one particular spot trying to make it fit back together. It is still slightly displaced but I maidened anyways and it did not fly quite as easily as most of everyone else's on this thread. I'm still trying to read through this forever long thread but so far have not found anything like this.

Another issue which might have resulted from above is when I get up to about 3/4 throttle the plane has a pretty significant rattle to her which creates a lot of vibration throughout the entire plane. Although I did not get quite to 3/4 throttle it is still concerning to me and would like to know the possible causes of this rattling.

Please help this is starting to become my favorite plane I just need some guidance before I have the confidence to put her back up again.
prmiller10 is offline Find More Posts by prmiller10