Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Eatin' my heart out ovah heah, Jax!
Our big-deal IMAA/AMA sanctioned dual Big Birds/Warbirds event today got washed out, big time. We got in a couple hours of flying before it started raining, then after a spell it started to slack off a bit so just as hopes were rising, suddenly the bottom fell out. We had a Wx radar setup on a pilot's GPS unit at the reg.table & we could see it was gonna be an 'all dayer' so called it. The ugly forecast had numbers down - pilots and crowd as well - from the beginning so, with the loss looks like the club's gonna be in for a tuff time financing some of our improvement projects.
I'd seen (previously) ads for your Rockies show -- very glad to hear it was a big success. Were it not for being here, would've sure luv'd to have been there.
Sorry the weather gods were not cooperating with your event Starhopper. We had some big rains here about a week ago. Everyone was glad for the moisture.

I am just headed out for some more warbird flying at my local flying field where there is no line to fly, nor are there 150 mph turbine-powered aircraft cruising by. I will bring my FunJet so I can be the fastest guy! LOL.

Had to chuckle at Nigel's comment. I do believe his area gets the "worst flying weather" award this year. Hope that next year is better!

Cheers,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is online now Find More Posts by Jackson Stone