This is the second flight of my 87" Sbach 300. The Scorpion Commander Series V 130A ESC that was in the Sbach for the first flight wasn't very compatible with the Q80-8M motor. I could never fix the motor stuttering problem after changing numerous ESC settings. So, I sold the Scorpion ESC and purchased a Castle Creations Phoenix ICE2 160A ESC. Below is the video of the flight...nothing special...an inverted CG check, a few low passes and a couple of full throttle climbs. I really like the Q80-8M and it sounds awesome!
- Hacker Q80-8M Motor
- Mejzlik 24 x 10 Carbon Prop
- Castle Creations Phoenix ICE2 160A HV ESC
- Hitec HS-5585MH HV Servos x 4 (2 x Ailerons, 2 x Elevator)
- Hitec HS-7954SH HV Servo (Rudder)
- LiFeSource 6.6v 2100mAh 10C Receiver Battery
- Spektrum AR8000 Receiver
- Pulse 2 x 6S 5000mAh 35C Lipo Batteries (12S 5000mAh)
- Spektrum DX8 Transmitter
- AUW: 18.79 lbs.
Static Full Throttle Data:
Current - 119.49 Amps
Voltage - 45.04 Volts
Power - 5,382.10 Watts
Power-To-Weight Ratio - 286.43 watts/lb.