View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:09 AM
Find More Posts by jonoashton
New Zealand, Wellington, Porirua
Joined May 2006
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvB View Post
That's a great looking box Jono! What are the 3 button things on the edge of the lid? Interested in what you used to secure the lid. I have screws and bits of ply to screw into, but something simpler would be good.

Wow, took 9 gliders over!! And 11 back!!! Wow! Problem with the big fast DS planes is they're so heavy ... even taking 32kg max, you could only fit in perhaps 5 big DS ships.

I'd love to go Qantas and I agree they're great. I went with them to the US both times, using frequent flyer points. I took 3 items of checked baggage each trip: a 32kg 2100mm long box of gliders, plus a well stocked toolbox, and a huge suitcase. It was good value. They're Much more flexible with fare changes and stuff too. The only reason I didn't go Qantas this time is that they have no direct flights from Brisbane and it makes the trip lots longer.
They are Hobby King M6 nylon bolts and blind nuts with home made aluminium washers. I had the rear of the lid hinged with corflute and 7 bolts all up for retaining the remainder of the lid. It worked well.
jonoashton is offline Find More Posts by jonoashton