Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by JIMA
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
3,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Martin View Post
Jim
I can't think of anythink new to say but great job. It is beautiful and an inspiration to all. In fact I have been bitten by the giant scale bug.
Until this build I had no idea what giant I wanted to build. So I got plans and this build helps me to understand what is on the plans. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Pete
nice design!!

Rick Martin
Rick, thanks for the compliment but I haven't done anything that anyone else with the patience couldn't do. If taken just one step at a time or one sub-assembly at a time, it is really quite easy. None of the techniques I have used are hard to do even for a novice builder if they took the time to do it. Start with a great design and a great short kit. Make a plan of how you want the finished product to look. Then use all the resources of this Forum and the net to find what you need. Dont be afraid to try new things. I get most of my motivation and inspiration from trying new things. Most all of the techniques I have used have come from reading threads on this forum. But the most important ingredients are time and patience.

Jim
JIMA is online now Find More Posts by JIMA