Sharing a repair I did on a friends habu 32. He crashed on a deadstick landing hitting a tree.
After reviewing the damage, thankfully on the balsa and ply pieces were broken. The fiberglass fuselage had minimal damage. Leading edge and skin of the right wing had some cracks as well. Rich used florescent trim monokote to help with orientation.
I started with the fuselage repair.
Removed the battery tray and landing gear pieces to inspect the damage. These were used as templates for cutting replacements. Used 1/8 6 layer ply for these pieces.
Jigsaw used to cut overall shapes.
Rotary tool with a multipurpose bit used to initially cut all lightening holes and required openings then finished with a sanding drum.
Test fitted before epoxying into fuselage.
Installation of battery tray and nose gear support into fuselage. Started on the damaged wing next.
Removed the monokote to see how much damage done.
Removed damaged skins and leading edge.
Sheeting applied. 1/16 sheet balsa worked well.
Sanded repair skin to match rest of wing.
Used peeled off existing monokote and some additional color for Rich's orientation.