Find More Posts by kenh3497
Live long and fly high
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebipes View Post
FYI guys...

Mr Hanson is THE Richard Hanson... He designed the famous Tiporare pattern plane used and proved as one of THE best designs ever used in pattern flying.

Thank you for your help in our endeavor, Mr. Hanson. I think you are telling us not to expect the large turnouts of yesteryear. So, even small participation is a success based on the current economics. This result is still a complete success.

Correct?

We ought not look at success as 30-40 entries, rather- a small group is where expectations ought be laid and any lucky larger turnouts come from exercising events in smaller numbers.

We need to re-think the definition of a successful event, and put relevant expectations on relevant equipment..

Opinion?

Brian
Brian, we both had small turn outs at our respective pattern primers. I know the guys had FUN at ours, flying anything with wings (everybody flew the novice pattern).

I think fun and reasonable expense is the key to a successful event in this economy. I'm willing to try a Mini-IMAC event next year. I feel Mini-IMAC will be a better fit with the popular airframe of today (scale aerobatic airframe).

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497