View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by livingword26
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined May 2010
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
Even I have trouble affording a 500 sized heli, I would not recommend it as a 1st heli unless $$$ is not an issue. If it was not a issue I doubt you would be looking at clones. Getting started is the real trick, a good computer TX is the best way to go, i would also go with a BNF like Jas suggested mCPx or nCP and a SIM. Then you can start piecing together a good 450 clone kit.

Spekrum is probably the best way to go for a TX, then you get all the BNF eflite (helis) and Parkzone (airplanes) solutions from Horizon Hobby. Also, where do you fly in Wichita? A calm day the wind blows ~20 mph and it goes up from there. That typically means flying inside a gym and a 500 size would be too large for that. I grew up in Wichita and I sure don't miss the wind

good luck
I live in a trailer park on the outskirts of town. The park has a very large soccer field. The soccer field has heavy shelter belt, both on the east and the south side. I can often fly my 328 when the winds are +10mph, if its blowing from the right direction. Even if its from the north or east I am somewhat protected at less than 8mph.
livingword26 is offline Find More Posts by livingword26