View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcb View Post
This one is from an RTF. If I remember correctly, it was a P38 with one powered and one dummy engine. I have some of the plastic ones...they were designated Testor's 8000. I'm guessing the name was because .8cc is .049ci. They are affectionately known as "pipe bomb" engines.
Not sure where the term, "pipe bomb" came from. Perhaps the zip gun manufactured method of the plastic crankcase block?

Quote:
I have one metal bodied one that came in an RTF space craft...don't remember the name. That's the one on the right, by itself. The ones with a tank are oriented for CL with the cylinder pointed horizontal left (from the front). The engine was marketed with the engine upside down in the box. It came with a prop, wrench, and needle extension.
gcb, this is good to know. I have one of those Testors engines with carbon fiber crankcase and tank. If I am flying R/C then, the head should be down with refill tube along the top; if C/L, the head should be horizontal with refill tube vertical and open end up, correct?
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper