View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by speedy01
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtflyr View Post
Does the P-51 spur and big gear fit inside or do you even need it to with the shaft extension?
Doesn't need it with the extension, but I may make another motor that is "hollow" enough to house the gear (thus precluding use of the extension)..... still figgerin'. No need to make a motor for me, Pete, as I have this one figured out - thanks!

Quote:
I'll show you a picture of my Voss DR-I as I just put the extension shaft on mine.
Great -- I'll be looking in your Voss thread .

Quote:
BTW did you see in the 1:24 scale paper build I sent the metalic paper the builder used?
Unfortunately, that paper's no longer available (for those interested in an amazing paper over-the-top D.VIII build, see here).

Quote:
What glue did you use at first when making the cylinders? Where did you get your card paper?
I used Elmer's Rubber Cement to form them, then Por to attach them to the hub. The card stock came from my old paper model stash - I think I got it at Office Depot.[/QUOTE]

Making the engine has been a neat excursion for me, just like making the cowl. I may even make some real progress on the airframe next week.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Last edited by speedy01; Sep 28, 2012 at 02:38 PM.