Thread: Discussion All Things GWS
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by Vince_TT
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,224 Posts
Well, I hate working on Friday afternoon. I just spent all my time here and thinking about flying tomorrow.

I have a 42 Slick waiting to be built, fly the 3DHS 48" Extra very often so I am not against 3DHS. 48" is a bit troublesome for transportation with my SUV. I am too lazy to remove the wings so I can only bring two 48" to the field at a time which is more than enough for my after-work exercise. But if I want to go to a local club, I want to pack as many planes as possible. So I want to go smaller and bigger (need to take wings apart anyway). I read a lot and found people say good thing about EF at the 60" range. So when a good deal popped up I just grabbed it. I am still looking for the right motor for that airframe. My spare 1100W motor just doesn't cut it.

Sorry to derail this thread. I found I am much more comfortable flying my warbirds now after months of 3D flying. So now I do "Warbirds day" once a week with four GWS and two FMS only. The truth is, those FMS are barely off the ground now because GWS are much more responsive in semi-3D moves and still can fly scale. Love them!
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT