View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by Rotozuk
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
6,389 Posts
Just thought I'd add some input.. I was just talking to someone close to Hobby People about their Airtronics radios. He stated that they will be dropping the prices of their receivers a bit more.

I consider the Airtronics an excellent choice due to the nice programming, good looks and reliable performance. But I don't like the high prices on receivers. They will still be spendy, but they are going in the right direction.

Hitec users seem to be a little different then most radio systems. I think they are the most loyal users of a given radio system. For many folks, they have been on nothing but Hitec for decades, and have been very happy with their equipment. Where the other brands tend to see folks jumping in and out. Hitec doesn't make a lot of changes to their lineup, and always makes a solid radio. They lost some customers since it took them so long to switch over to 2.4, but in the long run, they produced an excellent system, and did not force their customers to upgrade equipment 2 or 3 times. (I have a steady flow of customers that call me and are excited that they can upgrade their OLD Hitec gear to 2.4 for very little money. They just love their old radios. )

At least that is my take on some of this.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky @ Toledo 2015!!!!