Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by newguy2012
Using foam in moderation
United States, IL, Aviston
Joined Sep 2012
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-squared View Post
Newguy, I'm using Turnigy 3s 500mAh 20C at 50g weight with supplied 8040 prop. I found that with the 1000mA's some have used it was a bit nose heavy. While it was very stable in that configuration, it flys much slower and almost floaty at the lighter weight. You may prefer the speed and power of the bigger ones, many do. I am pleased with the sport aerobatic qualities and the lower speeds with the lighter however. It is still a warbird and at too slow a speed doing aerobatics it can still stall. Nosed it in twice this past weekend "exploring" itls limits (ok, I was flying like crap) and broke the nose into three pieces. Fixed with Welder's (you really should get some), let dry overnight and good as new and invisible next day. In fact, after repeated stupidity, glued joints held with same crash! So, it can break at the nose due to all the holes up there, but, it repairs nicely without affecting flight qualities. Is this your first 4ch aileron bird? Be advised that thet are "pointy" and do not self correct. You will like that after awhile, I assure you. I launch underhand at 3/4 throttle. Let me know of your experiences and I'll share mine! Thanks, Dan

another question sir,

where did you order yours from? I am curious what all comes in the kit form, the photos show a "prop saver" and i am hoping this one does too, I am not really happy with nitroplanes at the moment and if there is one thing messed up on my order I am not going to be a happy camper! just wondered if you or anyone else on here had had any experience with them, positive or negative and what/how I should follow up?
thanks again
J
newguy2012 is offline Find More Posts by newguy2012