Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by Rightfly
I use EXPO and Senior Rates
United States, MI, Custer
Joined Jan 2010
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostomper View Post
Just received a firepower 15 sport motor, and know that some of you have used this motor in the sensei. How did you mount the motor, as none of the holes seem to line up?Two of the holes line up to the cage bracket, but not the other two. Is that enough to hold it if I use some locktite. Then if I mount the cage bracket to the firewall, the motor rubs on the bottom of the firewall. This is my first time I have tried replacing a motor, and not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions would be appreciated?--Bo
Hi Bostomper!

I mounted a Firepower 10 that would have the same mounting hole pattern as the 15 and I used a Dremel to carefully elongate the mounting plate holes. It seems to hold well.

However, I am not happy with flight times I am getting from the 2200 mah batteries. Anywhere from 4 to 6 minutes. I just bought a 2800 mah battery from Value Hobby that fits pretty well in the battery compartment but have not had any air time yet.

I am thinking of dropping back to the Firepower 480 Sport from Heads Up maybe even the 450 size.

I would be interested in hearing your flight times when you get it in the air with the 15.

Roger
Rightfly is offline Find More Posts by Rightfly