View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by exf3bguy
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Oct 2011
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebipes View Post
With all sincerity, and every IMAC pilot I have spoken to tells me this... Yes you can fly a smaller plane. You will also be wasting everyone else's time because you will never score well, there is no interest in your equipment, your airplane will never present itself like the larger 150cc + planes do.

If you want to be competitive, you have to spend anywhere from $4-$8000 on an airplane.

I don't have it. I can't do it. I wouldn't want to with my income anyhow.

Mini-IMAC makes competing more realistic to the world I live in. The glow vs gas argument is a non issue in terms of cost. Glow becomes far more affordable.

This is why I am wrapped up in classic pattern for the time being. It is actually attainable, and most importantly, FUN!

With that said... Do not construe that to mean I am against IMAC as it is. It is cool and if you can do it that is great! I would never want to stop it. If I could do it, I would!

Brian
Brian, I'm at a loss here. I have never seen that type of attitude towards small airplanes here in the southwest region. IMO a person with that type of mindset does not belong in a judges chair EVER. Granted there is some truth a few layers down. In Advanced and Unlimited the sequences are complex enough that a 50cc airplane will not present as well as a 35% or 40% airplane. It will have to fly a smaller footprint and will appear to be flown faster. Flying something even smaller would be worse. As far as anyone feeling you are wasting their time that is just BS. It's no wonder why you have stayed away from a contest.

I'm thinking that adding Mini to the existing format in basic, sportsman and intermediate and allowing up to 30cc would be a great start. The next would be to decide to include unknowns or not. Then if one wishes he could jump in with the big boys or stay put.
exf3bguy is online now Find More Posts by exf3bguy